Holidays for you and your horse
Bring your horse to Street Farm and enjoy superb hacking & dedicated facilities for horses on holiday.
- Choice of 5 luxury cottages overlooking paddocks sleeping 2-14 guests
- Extensive choice of safe off road trails starting straight from our gate
- Professionally run small yard used exclusively for horse holidays
- 7 indoor & 2 outdoor stables
- 6 post and rail paddocks, individual turnout available if required.
- Secure tack room, drying room and horse shower.
- Free easy to follow route maps & expert route advice
- Easy parking for boxes and trailers
- Indoor hot tub
Easy to follow route maps and stunning scenery
Street Farm has been welcoming horses on holiday for over 10 years and we can assure you of a warm welcome and a well-organised yard with everything you need to enjoy some special time with your horse. We are a 'BHS Horses Welcome' establishment and many of our customers return year after year.
Our location is a horse rider's dream. We have stunning scenery, an extensive bridleway network and, because the area is still relatively unknown, you can ride for miles and hardly see a soul. Peace and quiet is hard to find in today’s world but that’s exactly what you will find here at Street Farm. Our gate leads directly onto the fellside, with a choice of safe, off-road routes in each direction. Within minutes you can join the Pennine Bridleway and close-by we have the Eden Valley Loop bridleways. We have short routes, long routes, flatter routes and wilder routes, where you can ride along the top of the fells. There are routes with pubs and routes with the beautiful picnic stops by rivers, or even next to a ruined castle. We have routes with wonderful long canters across along green lanes and wide open commons. Roadwork is minimal and only involves quiet lanes, mostly unfenced and with little traffic. We have an excellent knowledge of all the trails in our area and will try and help you decide which route may suit your ability.
Horse holidays are available from Easter to the end of September. The minimum stay is 3 nights. Please check availability in your chosen cottage first (click "Book Online" above ) and then contact us by email or phone to check availability for horses.
Horse Holiday Prices
The cost of your holiday depends upon which property you wish to book, please see rental prices below. Grazing & stabling for your horse is £10 per night payable on the day of departure along with any extra charges for bedding or hay.
|3 nights||4 nights||2 nights|
|The Coach House||6||£521.25||£695||£1290|
We can accommodate a third guest in any of our one bedroom cottages on a fold out bed in the living area at an extra charge of £30 per night.
Our price includes:
Your accommodation includes:
- Private use of your own cottage on a self catering basis, heating, bed linen, towels and shared use of the spa room with other guests. Your accommodation will be available from 3pm on your first day until 10am on your departure day. You are welcome to arrive from 1pm and settle your horse in and enjoy a ride. Our properties are centrally heated by our biomass boiler system, which provides constant hot water and heating throughout your stay. Logs are provided without charge for the wood burning stoves. Free superfast Wi-Fi. We also have excellent drying facilities for outdoor boots and coats.
Your livery cost includes:
- An allocated stable for each horse and grazing. We have 7 indoor and outdoor stables. Our paddocks are mostly post and rail secured with electric wire or stone walls. Each paddock is supplied with a mains fed trough. Each stable has been professionally fitted with rubber flooring. Your stable may already be supplied with clean, but used, bedding, left by the previous guest, which you will not be charged for. Mucking out tools are provided.
- Secure tack room, drying room and hot/cold hose wash down area.
- Full size outdoor all weather arena
- Ample parking
- Route maps with a variety of trails up to 20 miles.
- Please click here to view photos of our livery facilities and access to the riding routes
Additional charges apply for:
- Wood pellet bedding is available at an extra cost of £8 per bag. Sorry but we do not allow you to bring your own bedding.
- Hay is available at a cost of £4 per bale. You are welcome to bring your own hay/haylage.
- All horses must be have an up-to-date annual equine influenza vaccination record. Passports will be checked on arrival.
Please bring with you:
- Your horse passport
- Hay nets and feed buckets
- Stable water bucket for each horse
- Grooming kit
- Printed copies of our route maps which we will email once you have made a booking.
Please note we do not accept stallions or horses under the age of 3.