Bring your Horse on Holiday
Bring your horses to Street Farm and enjoy fabulous safe hacking, luxury accommodation, 40 acres of grazing, and purpose made facilities to ensure you and your horse have a wonderful holiday.
Since 2008 we have been offering holidays for guests staying in our self catering cottages the opportunity to bring their own horse and enjoy the peace and quiet and wonderful bridleways. We have years of experience of knowing what our guests need and we work hard to make sure everything is well organised for you to have a fun and safe holiday. Our horse holidays are offered on a self-guided basis where you go out on your own with one of our maps.
Our location is a horse-riders dream with an extensive network of well maintained bridleways offering a variety of route choices to suit everyone. We have short routes, long routes, flat routes, more challenging routes across the tops of the fells as well as our very popular ride to the village pub ! We are fortunate to be surrounded by some of the finest off road riding locations in the UK where you can still ride all day and hardly see a soul. Our gate leads directly onto the bridleway and there is a good mixture of grass routes across open fell where you can enjoy a good canter as well as a few stone tracks. Any road work is along very quiet, single track lanes, many of which are unfenced. Any farm traffic we do meet is generally slow moving and considerate for horse and riders.
Importantly, deciding where to ride is made super easy because we also offer trail riding holidays (using our own horses) which means we have become fairly-well acquainted with the local tracks and trails! If you are more experienced, we can help you plot your own route with tips on the best places to stop and picnic, or you can use our easy to follow route maps. And if you prefer to leave the navigation to the experts, we can even provide you with a guide.
Fabulous Hacking Routes:
Route 1- Howgill Trail, 10 miles. A lovely varied route, following a bridlepath through the Howgill Fells
Route 2 - Mallerstang Trail, 10 miles. Ride across open common and beside the River Eden, following the Lady Anne Way.
Route 3 - Pennine Bridleway Wild Boar Fell, 5 or 10 miles. A more challenging high route, up and over Wild Boar Fell
Route 4 - Crosby Garrett Loop, 18 miles. A super, long-distance ride, with miles of open-common riding
Route 5 - Village Ride, 5 miles. A scenic ride to Ravenstonedale village, along quiet lanes and bridleways
We also have shorter routes of around 3 miles, as well as several Park & Ride routes within a half hour drive, for those who fancy exploring the wider district.
Please click here to visit our Riding Holiday website with more details about route choices.
We have 5 self-catering cottages available for you to choose, which overlook the stables and paddocks. These have been beautifully converted from an old stone barn and retain the traditional features of oak trusses, feature stone walls along with stylish interiors and mod cons such as power showers, crisp white linen, smart TV's and superfast broadband. Each property is toasty warm with its own wood-burning stove and central heating powered by our own biomass boiler. At the end of a day's riding you can look forward to a visit to the indoor spa room with a six seater jacuzzi and everyone is treated to their own set of towels and a towelling robe during their stay. The gardens have lovely views across the valley and plenty of places to sit and enjoy the sun go down.
Horse Holiday Prices 2021
Please see our 2021 property rental prices below. Livery ( stable & grazing ) is £10 per horse per night. To secure a booking for any of our properties we require a 25% deposit of the rental price. The final balance is not due until 6 weeks before arrival. We guarantee to refund in the event you are not able to travel due to a covid. The livery cost is paid on the day of departure along with any additional cost for bedding or hay. We g
|Property Rental Prices 2021||No||Midweek||Weekend|
|Bedrooms||3 nights||4 nights||2 nights||3 nights|
|The Coach House||3||£495||£595||£995||£1,295|
Holiday Livery Facilities
Our yard includes a large barn with 7 indoor stables fitted with rubber matting, a secure tack room and a drying room. We have six post and rail paddocks with automatic water-fed troughs situated next to the stables. We can reserve you as many private paddocks as you need. We have ample parking for boxes and trailer and access is from the road is level and spacious. Our yard is well maintained to a high standard to keep you and your horse safe and comfortable. Our stables and tack room are disinfected after each departure and guests are asked to poo pick their own paddock before leaving ( tools provided ). Covid-19 social distancing measures and hygiene protocols are in place and working well.
We can accommodate up to 10 horses. We are sorry but we do not offer holiday livery on a "grazing only" basis except for large groups of between 8-10 horses who will be offered the use of an extra barn for undercover tacking up to supplement our 7 stables. In bad weather we may insist you bring your horses in overnight. We do not accept horses under 3 or stallions. We do not insist your horse is vaccinated for flu but any horses who shows signs of being unwell will either have to be checked by a Vet or be taken home.
Dogs are very welcome by arrangement. We charge £10 per pet. Please let us know when booking.
How to Book
Please contact us by phone or email with the following details:
- Name, address and contact number of person responsible for the booking
- Property choice
- Number of guests, horses and number of paddocks required
Once we have this information we will email the booking details with payment advice.
A 25% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable as follows:
- Final balance less £40 livery charge per horse - payable at 6 weeks before arrival - by BACS payment
- £40 livery charge is payable on the day of departure with any additional charges for hay or bedding.
Our price includes:
Your accommodation includes:
- Private use of your own cottage on a self catering basis, heating, bed linen, towels and shared use of the spa room with other guests. Your accommodation will be available from 3pm on your first day until 10am on your departure day. You are welcome to arrive from 1pm and settle your horse in and enjoy a ride. Our properties are centrally heated by our biomass boiler system, which provides constant hot water and heating throughout your stay. Logs are provided without charge for the wood burning stoves. Free superfast Wi-Fi. We also have excellent drying facilities for outdoor boots and coats.
Your livery cost includes:
- An allocated stable for each horse and grazing. We have 4 indoor and outdoor stables. Our paddocks are mostly post and rail secured with electric wire or stone walls. Each paddock is supplied with a mains fed trough. Each stable has been professionally fitted with rubber flooring. Your stable may already be supplied with clean, but used, bedding, left by the previous guest, which you will not be charged for. Mucking out tools are provided.
- Secure tack room, drying room and hot/cold hose wash down area.
- Ample parking
- Route maps with a variety of trails up to 20 miles.
- Please click here to view photos of our livery facilities and access to the riding routes
Additional charges apply for:
- Wood pellet bedding is available at an extra cost of £5 per bag. Sorry but we do not allow you to bring your own bedding.
- Hay is available. You are welcome to bring your own hay/haylage.
Please bring with you:
- Your horse passport
- Hay nets and feed buckets
- Stable water bucket for each horse
- Grooming kit
Please note we do not accept stallions or horses under the age of 3.