Bring your Horse on Holiday
Bring your horses to Street Farm and enjoy fabulous safe hacking, luxury accommodation, 40 acres of grazing, and purpose made facilities to ensure you and your horse have a wonderful holiday.
Since 2008 we have been offering holidays for guests staying in our self catering cottages the opportunity to bring their own horse and enjoy the peace and quiet and wonderful bridleways. We have years of experience of knowing what our guests need and we work hard to make sure everything is well organised for you to have a fun and safe holiday. Our horse holidays are offered on a self-guided basis where you go out on your own with one of our maps.
Our location is a horse-riders dream with an extensive network of well maintained bridleways offering a variety of route choices to suit everyone. We have short routes, long routes, flat routes, more challenging routes across the tops of the fells as well as our very popular ride to the village pub ! We are fortunate to be surrounded by some of the finest off road riding locations in the UK where you can still ride all day and hardly see a soul. Our gate leads directly onto the bridleway and there is a good mixture of grass routes across open fell where you can enjoy a good canter as well as a few stone tracks. Any road work is along very quiet, single track lanes, many of which are unfenced. Any farm traffic we do meet is generally slow moving and considerate for horse and riders.
Importantly, deciding where to ride is made super easy because we also offer trail riding holidays (using our own horses) which means we have become fairly-well acquainted with the local tracks and trails! If you are more experienced, we can help you plot your own route with tips on the best places to stop and picnic, or you can use our easy to follow route maps. And if you prefer to leave the navigation to the experts, we can even provide you with a guide.
Fabulous Hacking Routes:
Route 1- Howgill Trail, 10 miles. A lovely varied route, following a bridlepath through the Howgill Fells
Route 2 - Mallerstang Trail, 10 miles. Ride across open common and beside the River Eden, following the Lady Anne Way.
Route 3 - Pennine Bridleway Wild Boar Fell, 5 or 10 miles. A more challenging high route, up and over Wild Boar Fell
Route 4 - Crosby Garrett Loop, 18 miles. A super, long-distance ride, with miles of open-common riding
Route 5 - Village Ride, 5 miles. A scenic ride to Ravenstonedale village, along quiet lanes and bridleways
We also have shorter routes of around 3 miles, as well as several Park & Ride routes within a half hour drive, for those who fancy exploring the wider district.
Please click here to visit our Riding Holiday website with more details about route choices.
Holiday Livery Facilities
Our yard includes a large barn with 7 indoor stables fitted with rubber matting, a secure tack room and a drying room. We have six post and rail paddocks with automatic water-fed troughs situated next to the stables. We can reserve you as many private paddocks as you need. We have ample parking for boxes and trailer and access is from the road is level and spacious. Our yard is well maintained to a high standard to keep you and your horse safe and comfortable. Our stables and tack room are disinfected after each departure and guests are asked to poo pick their own paddock before leaving ( tools provided ). Covid-19 social distancing measures and hygiene protocols are in place and working well.
We can accommodate up to 10 horses. We are sorry but we do not offer holiday livery on a "grazing only" basis except for large groups of between 8-10 horses who will be offered the use of an extra barn for undercover tacking up to supplement our 7 stables. In bad weather we may insist you bring your horses in overnight. We do not accept horses under 3 or stallions. We do not insist your horse is vaccinated for flu but any horses who shows signs of being unwell will either have to be checked by a Vet or be taken home.
Dogs are very welcome by arrangement. We charge £10 per pet. Please let us know when booking.
How to Book
Please contact us by phone or email with the following details:
- Name, address and contact number of person responsible for the booking
- Property choice
- Number of guests, horses and number of paddocks required
Once we have this information we will email the booking details with payment advice.
A 25% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable as follows:
- Final balance less £40 livery charge per horse - payable at 6 weeks before arrival - by BACS payment
- £40 livery charge is payable on the day of departure with any additional charges for hay or bedding.
Horse Holiday Prices 2021
The prices below are per person based on the number of guests at the time of booking. The price includes 4 nights self-catering accommodation, in a property of your choice, with stabling and grazing for your horse. There is a reduction of £40 for any guest who will not be bringing a horse. A proportion of the amount shown below, ( £40 ) is for livery and is not paid until the day of departure along with any additional costs for hay or bedding.
|No of persons||Price per person||Accommodation choice:|
|2||£240||Stoneyard, Stoneheights or Stone End - one bedroom cottage|
|3||£180||Stoneyard, Stoneheights or Stone End ( third person using fold out bed)|
|3||£240||The Coach House - 3 bed house sleeps 8|
|4||£220||The Coach House - 3 bed house sleeps 8|
|5||£180||The Coach House - 3 bed house sleeps 8|
|6||£160||The Coach House or The Farmhouse (5 bedroom sleeps 14 )|
|7||£140||The Coach House or The Farmhouse(5 bedroom sleeps 14 )|
|8||£128||The Coach House or The Farmhouse(5 bedroom sleeps 14 )|
Our price includes:
Your accommodation includes:
- Private use of your own cottage on a self catering basis, heating, bed linen, towels and shared use of the spa room with other guests. Your accommodation will be available from 3pm on your first day until 10am on your departure day. You are welcome to arrive from 1pm and settle your horse in and enjoy a ride. Our properties are centrally heated by our biomass boiler system, which provides constant hot water and heating throughout your stay. Logs are provided without charge for the wood burning stoves. Free superfast Wi-Fi. We also have excellent drying facilities for outdoor boots and coats.
Your livery cost includes:
- An allocated stable for each horse and grazing. We have 4 indoor and outdoor stables. Our paddocks are mostly post and rail secured with electric wire or stone walls. Each paddock is supplied with a mains fed trough. Each stable has been professionally fitted with rubber flooring. Your stable may already be supplied with clean, but used, bedding, left by the previous guest, which you will not be charged for. Mucking out tools are provided.
- Secure tack room, drying room and hot/cold hose wash down area.
- Ample parking
- Route maps with a variety of trails up to 20 miles.
- Please click here to view photos of our livery facilities and access to the riding routes
Additional charges apply for:
- Wood pellet bedding is available at an extra cost of £5 per bag. Sorry but we do not allow you to bring your own bedding.
- Hay is available. You are welcome to bring your own hay/haylage.
Please bring with you:
- Your horse passport
- Hay nets and feed buckets
- Stable water bucket for each horse
- Grooming kit
Please note we do not accept stallions or horses under the age of 3.